I’m Marit Barentsen and I am the founder of Marit’s Paper World.
I am a passionate artist who’s loves to try new techniques, products and ideas and I always try to stretch myself in my work. Ever since I was a little kid I was creative and I graduated as a teacher in arts. I taught highschool children in textile arts, crafts and painting/drawing. My knowledge includes arts history and I have experience in writing lessons for art classes; building up line-to-line lessons. I am also the founder of FEATURING, a magazine for art journaling, mixed media and more.
My favorite medium is paper. However, graduated as a teacher in arts I have varied experiences in crafting and this allows me to combine products and techniques from different fields with ease. My experience includes art journaling, scrapbooking, mini-book crafting, stamping/spray inking, monotypes, photography, journaling and bookbinding.
10 random Facts about Marit… in no particular order.
- I am heading towards 50 (born in October 1963) and feel more confident
then I ever did when I was young.
- Here’s a link to my complete resume.
- I enjoy staying home with my beloved more than going out.
- As a child of the sixties I love butterflies, blowing bubbles, long skirts
Leonard Cohen and Neil Young.
- The meaning of the name Marit is “daughter of the sea”.
- I am blessed with a man who is a computer expert. Marius Siroen Grafische Communicatie helped me build the website “Marit’s Paper World”.
- I gave birth to a son on July 5th 1992.
- I love the smell of clean sheets hanging in the wind.
- My mum, Johanna Kruit, is a poet and a writer of children books.
- I love to use meaningful quotes and songlyrics in my work.
Marit’s weblog: Marit’s Blog