Start Spreading The News…
… I’m Leaving….
Well, not yet.
I will take off next Monday, February 25, and WHEN I leave, I’ll take you all with me because I will actually not be traveling at all! Not in real life anyway.
The image makes it all clear… here is the announcement for my new blog series that I’ve been dying to share with you:
When you click on the image it enlarges so you can get a good look at my planned route. I invite you all to join me on my ‘artistic trip’ through the USA.
Let me explain…
The source for this idea lays in my teenage years. Back then, there were a lot of songs on the radio that mentioned certain states in America. (‘Sweet Home Alabama”, “New York on my Mind” et cetera) and I pictured myself going on a road trip with the songs as my guide. This idea always stayed with me but since I don’t have the budget and time to do this (how long do you think would such a trip take? Two years? Three?) so I came up with a ‘virtual road trip’.
I planned a route and this ‘big road trip’ turned into the idea for a blogseries that will be filled with inspiration. I hope to bring ‘state- and even ‘city-inspired’ blogposts that will evoke creativity of all sorts. There will be songs accompanying me and I will use all kinds of transportation to travel from state to state. Mind you: this is all VIRTUAL of course! All these things can be used for inspiration to make art!
If you are living in a certain state (or city) and want to ‘show me around’ when I’m about to arrive there – let me know! I may invite you to write a guest post to tell us what your surroundings mean to your creativity and art, or what ‘things’ are interesting to know/visit in your state from an artist point of view. (museums? galleries? buildings? graffiti? nature? )
Even if you’re not living in the USA, you can join in and share the fun.
Here’s how it works:
- The ‘BIG Road Trip’ posts go up every Monday.
- There are at least two blog posts per state (yep, that makes this series go on for years!) Each post visiting a new state is an ‘introduction’ and ‘inspiration’ post. The week after, it is your turn. Share what YOU have to say or show (for example: when you created something using the inspiration in the first ‘State-post’ – email it to me and I might show it on this blog.)
- There’s a badge on the side menu. Copy the code and put it on your blog to show everyone you’re in on the BIG Road Trip!
- I created a special email address for this. All ideas, texts and art related to this series can be emailed to: bigroadtrip[at]maritspaperworld[dot]com
We start the BIG road trip with ‘flying’ to New York City on Monday, February 25 and you know what? There is an artist waiting for us in the Big Apple to show us around and point out the places that are interesting for an artist to see… you know, not the usual touristic attractions but the interesting ‘backstreet’ places that only an insider and citizen of the city knows of.
This series will go of from there and hopefully – with your help, cooperation and inspiration – will turn into the greatest Artsy Road Trip we’ve ever made together!
Sooo… prepare to go on this trip with me and jump in!
Let me know:
- What tools and materials will you take with you to use on the plane?
- What songs will we listen to while flying to New York? Songs about airports, flying, NYC???
- Any other ideas or stories you want to hear/see about New York City?
I’m pretty excited about this ‘virtual road trip’ and I hope you are too.
If so… then pack your bags, comment, email, JOIN!!!