Last week, while visiting friend’s blogs, I saw this image on Julie’s blog.
Now I don’t have much with Easter Bunnies, but I DO love that
colour combo the picture shows.
This image appeared to be a colour challenge from a challenge blog
I’d never heard of: The Play Date Cafe but since these are the colours
I work a lot with lately, I decided to make my weekly page with this combo.
The Chronicles of Marit – Week 13
(Size: 24,5 x 49 cm – 9.65 x 14.86 inch)
The technique I used is worthwhile explaining because some of you
might be wondering how I got the effect. (You can click on the photo
to enlarge for a better view.)
The photo is cut out from a magazine ad – that’s the easiest part – but then…
I own an old 12 x 12 template that shows big and smaller circles.
(I bought it years ago to cut out photos for scrapbook layouts.)
I positioned it on this page and on top of that, I placed sequin waste
(the small circles inside the big ones.)
I covered the photo to protect it from the ink, and sprayed with Color
Wash Adirondack (espresso.)
It came out a little too dark though, so when the ink was dry,
I used the sequin waste again to smear gesso on some of the circles.
The gesso mixed with the ink, which gave a light brown effect.
I painted some of the dots a little lighter with white acrylic paint, and that’s it.
I love how this turned out: a lot of texture! I doodled with a black Sharpie,
wrote the week-title and some journaling in the circles (not too much, as
that would disturb the look, but there wasn’t much to tell last week either
so that’s OK) and called it finished.
On to something else that’s fun:
I got tagged by my friend Kim Mailhot from ‘Queen of Arts‘
She came up with a lot (eleven, to be precise) questions to answer.
I don’t do these ‘games’ often, but the questions Kim asked were
so much fun that this time I decided to do it and pass it on.
- you must post the rules.
- answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you
- create 11 questions to ask the people you tag
- tag 11 people (OK, I changed that. 11 is too much… I made it 6)
- let them know you’ve tagged them
Kim had eleven questions for me and I thought I would give this
a fun twist by answering in pictures… (I got this idea from Jenneke,
she did something similar once.)
1. What color do you imagine is inside your head ?
2. What artist would you most like to spend the day with ?
3. Cupcake, apple pie or chocolate éclair ?
(I’m not a sweet-tooth but here’s my famous homebaked ‘Elvis pie’.
I love that one!)
4. If you were to suddenly get wings, where would you fly to first ?
(First… and next, and next, and next… click to enlarge)
5. What superpower would you most like to have ?
6. Watercolor, acrylic, pastel, or finger paint ?
7. What song most reminds you of your mother ?
8. Luxury cruise or canoe/backpacking ?
(I rather stay at home!)
9. Do you have a tidy organized workspace or messy, chaotic workspace ?
Which works best for your creative process ?
10.What was your favorite candy as a child ?
(I told you: no sweet-tooth)
11. What is the one thing you love most about yourself ?
(I am good at writing)
Now I have to tag other people but first: my questions.
- If you could be whatever you want to be, what would you be?
- Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter?
- Create for fun or pour your emotions out on paper?
- What is your ultimate ‘Summer Song?’
- Walk, ride a bike, drive a car, hop on the bus or fly a plane?
- What is the best thing your parents taught you?
- Breakfast, lunch or diner?
- Which celebrity (musician/actor) did you like/had a crush on
when you were 13?
- Do you have a strange habit or tic?
- What is your first memory?
- Introvert or extrovert?
and here are the six people I tag
(If you don’t feel like doing it, that is fine, but if you do, have fun and play!)
Alison, Alison’s Art and Soul
Lisa, Lisa Hoffman
Deb, Dye~ing to be yours
Nigel, Freebird’s flights of fancy
Robin, Life in Color
(Oh, and to all the others: check out these artists blogs, they are fantastic!)
That’s it for today folks.
Thanks for visiting and see you again on Friday.