I’m Michelle LaPoint Rydell and I’m so excited to be co-teaching the Mixed Emotions class with Marit!
As an artist, the main thing in my head when starting a new project is usually the emotion I’m feeling or want to convey. Then I think about how I can bring that emotion to life. I also love to use lyrics, as music has been a huge source of inspiration in my life.
As a graduate of the University of Minnesota’s Graphic Design/Commercial Illustration Program, my knowledge of design principles and color theory come into play in everything I do.
I believe creativity is an evolution and my favorite mediums keep changing as I go. I love to experiment and believe that the best art comes from letting go and just playing. I have experience with scrapbooking, art journaling, painting and mixed media collage.
10 Random Facts about Me…
- I drive a red Beetle and her name is Freedom.
- My animal totem is the Raven. (I’d love to know what yours is!)
- My favorite color is orange. I also love pink. Oh, and turquoise and lime green.
- I have two feline scrapping companions named Willie and Johnny who I talk about often.
- I grew up with Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell and Anne Murray playing on the stereo in our home.
- I am a fan of Pippi Longstocking and still think of myself as a “thing-finder.”
- I was once sent home from grade school because my bangs were too long.
- I like to tap dance in the kitchen. Luckily my husband finds this amusing.
- I was a teen in the 70’s and love all things with a groovy vibe.
- I love to stay up til dawn.
Michelle’s weblog: Inspiration Everywhere