Saturday, November 11 – 2017
In this workshop we will concentrate on creating faces on paper. Drawing a portrait can be a little intimidating … “I can’t draw” … but listen here: there are a lot of ways to create a portrait without having any experience (including a good similar-looking portrait of a real person if you want to.) I will not teach you how to paint a ‘doll-girl-with-big-eyes,’ instead, we go looking for ‘faces showing character.’ Collage-heads, faces in blobs and spots, blind drawn portraits and more! You will learn know various methods, materials and techniques that each have their own look and bring a special style to the faces on paper.
Middelburg, The Netherlands
- The workshop space is located in Middelburg, The Netherlands. Brakstraat 13 (ground floor.)
- Time: from 10 am to 5 pm (walk-in from 9.30)
- The workshop is offered including materials, coffee, tea, soft drinks and an all-inclusive lunch in a nearby restaurant.
- There is room for a maximum of 6 people at a time.
- Acrylic paint
- Watersoluble oil-crayons
- Materials/images for collage
- Extra (beneficial) tools & materials such as brushes, glue etc.
Materials to bring with you:
An art journal to work in**, markers and pens of choice, soft pencil (for example, 2B,) scissors, glue (a glue stick is sufficient) and multiple (at least 3) on plain paper printed b/w photos/portraits (‘postcard’ size, 10 x 15 cm)
**Don’t you have an art journal yet or are you looking for a new copy? Do you want me to create and bind one especially for you? Just send me an email for more info.