Today is a lovely day for love sweeties… there is chilly love, longing for love, love for stamps, art journal love and link love… so grab a cup, lean back and enjoy!
Haiku My Heart Friday
|De koele minnaarDe maan begon te schijnen
Cirkel in het gras
|The Chilly LoverThe Moon Began To Shine
Circle In The Grass
This haiku was found/written for Haiku my Heart Friday.
Visit Rebecca at Recuerda Mi Corazon to find the list of participants of this haiku circle.
Last Wednesday, I showed you my ‘box of longing’ that I altered to store my index-card collages. For the ones among you that did not read that post, here’s a picture of the box.
Michelle commented that she found the box fabulous (thanks dear 🙂 ) and she said: “Would love to know more about how you altered it – are the words painted on? How did you get that beautiful texture?”
So I made a few extra photos yesterday and here are the answers.
I used mod podge to glue tissue paper on the metal box. The tissue paper was soaked in mod podge. Using my fingers, I covered the box with the paper and created the folds. While the tissue paper was still wet with the glue, I sprayed ink on it. (“Dylusions” spray ink and “Ranger Color Wash” – if I remember correctly the colors were blue, yellow, green, denim, bottle green…)
It was a mess, yes, but the outcome texture is indeed fabulous!
Here’s a picture of the title on top of the box – that Michelle is referring to when she asks about the words.
I searched for sticker alpha’s and stamps to make the title, but couldn’t find letters that were to my satisfaction – so I decided to hand carve stamps for the title myself and stamp them with acrylic paint. The ‘shadows’ were made with a Copic marker.
I figured that after using these for the box, I could cut the letters loose and use them in other projects too. After all, using different shapes/fonts and sizes of alphabet stamps together is fun!
The week does not end without showing you my Chronicles spread.
The Chronicles of Marit – Week 13
Today, I join Tammy “Daisy Yellow” Garcia in her endeavor to promote and revive the fun of blogging. I, too, noticed that social media like Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter are keeping people from blogging and reading like they used to… the ‘instant gratification’ that these fast media preserve is addicting but I do miss the ‘deeper’ connections that were made via commenting and blogging…
… so I’m happy Tammy started this mission to spread love via blogging this month.
FOUR POSTS – FIVE LINKS…
- You can read all about it here: Share the Link Love: A Mission Tammy’s blogpost is the first I choose to share and ‘link to with love’ – and I hope you too will join this project this month.
- Second is a blogpost that Kim Mailhot wrote about this same topic a while ago. I agree with what Kim says here and this post is food for thought. I Miss The Old Blogland.
- Old Spaces Made New – a very special post from my dear friend Lea. Lea and I felt connected in a special way from the moment we found each other on the internet. We met in real life almost a year ago. Lea is one of the women I call my ‘soulsister’.
- Most art journalers know Kate Crane from The Kathryn Wheel. I was in ooh and aawee over the doodling she showed in this post. More Doodling!
- Last but not least, I share a link to Caatje’s Artsy Stuff – because Caatje manages to bring inspiration with every (and I mean EVERY) blogpost she writes!
Hope you all have a great weekend dear ones!
Share some love!